RSS Feed

Cooking in 5EZ – procedural text writing

2

Hello bloggers,

This term we have been learning about procedural texts. A particular activity we did was a dictogloss activity based on Jamie Oliver’s foodtube recipe ‘Zesty Fairy Cakes’. The kids had to take notes to get the recipe right, working individually, then in pairs and finally in small groups. During week 6 we had the opportunity to test out our recipes in the kitchen.

There were many successes and some not so great moments. However, the kids really enjoyed the experience and loved eating their own cooking.

I invite the students to comment below from their reflection writing.

Thanks, Mrs Zervos

Jamie Oliver's ZestyFairy Cakes OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments »

1. TK says:

Dear 5EZ and Mrs.Z,
    I really enjoyed this activity and i’m sure all of you did. I loved how we all worked together to make these wonderful fairy cakes and it was a wonderful experience.
    Thank you Mrs.Z for taking a lot of your time and effort to make this day possible!
    TK

2. N.D says:

Dear World,
    Last week everyone in 5EZ got to make Jamie Oliver fairy cupcakes! They were delicous!